Gems of Jordan
Enter a world of treasures and observe Jordan’s rich history by visiting the famous sites located within Amman, in addition to the well-kept desert castles, provincial Roman towns, and ancient monuments. Balance your trip with thrilling activities at Wadi Rum and Aqaba whilst simultaneously reveling in the peaceful and religious hot-spots.
Queen Alia International Airport – Amman
Meet and assist at Queen Alia Airport, our representative to assist clients through formalities and luggage collection, transfer to your hotel in Amman hotel for overnight.
Amman – Amman City Tour - Desert Castles – Amman
- After breakfast, this morning, tour the city of Amman, known as Rabbath Ammon and Philadelphia in Biblical times. See the remains of the Roman Theatre, the Archeological Museum and the Citadel containing the remains of the massive Temple of Hercules then transfer A full fun-filled morning touring the remains of Jordan's Desert Castles. Visit Qasr Kharaneh, the sole castle built exclusively for defense, and Qasr Amra with its beautiful mosaics from the Omayyad era. Stop at the Azraq Oasis, a resting point for one hundred species of migratory birds. Amidst its many pools, visit Qasr Azraq, the black basalt fort which was headquarters for Lawrence of Arabia. Return to Amman hotel for overnight.
Amman – Jerash – Ajloun – Amman
- After breakfast, drive to Jerash, the "Pompeii of the East" which is perhaps, the best preserved of the provincial Roman towns. Around its colonnaded main street, see the Cardo, South Theatre, Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, the Artemis Temple and the Nymphaeum. The city's 14 churches date from Byzantine time and are filled with fine mosaics. Continue westward to Saladin's 12th century Arab castle, Qalaat al Rabad (Ajloun), one of the finest examples of military architecture. Then drive to Amman hotel overnight.
Amman – Madaba – Mt. Nebo – Kerak – Petra
- Breakfast, proceed to visit Madaba; The city of finest collections of Byzantine mosaics, many fine examples of which are well preserved, Several church floor mosaics can be seen in their original locations, Madaba’s real masterpiece, in the Orthodox Church of Saint George, is the 6th century AD mosaic map of Jerusalem and the Holy Land – the earliest religious map of the Holy Land in any form to survive from antiquity, then visit Mt. Nebo; the place where Moses gazed at the Promised Land before he died and believed to be his burial place. You visit the old monastery; overlook the Jordan Valley, Dead Sea, Jericho and Jerusalem, drive to visit Kerak Castle; one of the most important Crusader Castles in the region, drive to hotel in Petra, dinner and overnight.
Petra – Petra Visit – Petra
- Breakfast; today visit the red rose city Petra, the biggest attraction of Jordan. Petra was first established around the 6th century B.C. by the Nabatean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and founded a commercial empire, you can start the trip on horseback or by foot to the canyon, the so called Siq, and then walk to the most beautiful monument: The Treasury, from here we explore the city to see the Street of Facades, the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh's Castle, transfer to Petra for dinner and overnight.
Petra - Wadi Rum – Aqaba
- Breakfast, this morning to Wadi Rum, a moonscape terrain of ancient river beds, wind-sculpted mountains, vast desert vistas and smooth, pastel-colored sands. You will meet long skirted legionnaires offering cardamom-spiced coffee at the "Beau Geste" outpost. Enjoy a 2 hour jeep tour at this oasis home to the film "Lawrence of Arabia". A truly “out of this world” experience! Then drive to Aqaba hotel for dinner & overnight.
- Breakfast, Free day at Leisure at Aqaba / Dinner and overnight at Aqaba.
Aqaba – Dead Sea – Baptism Site - Amman
- Breakfast, drive to visit Baptism the site believed to be the original place where John baptized Jesus the Baptist then continue to Dead Sea for swimming and relaxing then back to Amman hotel for dinner and overnight.
Amman – Queen Alia International Airport
- Breakfast, transfer to Queen Alia International Airport for departure.