Learn about the delicate Nabataean pottery style at the museum in Petra, and the itineraries next morning visit the workshop of the Taybeh Ladies Cooperative to try your hand at making your own piece in Nabataean style. After lunch transfer to Wadi Rum, one of the latest UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and take a jeep tour to learn about the ancient Thamudic rock art that you can still see today.
- Transfer to Wadi Rum and lunch with the Bedouin.
- Jeep tour of the desert, stopping to see Thamudic rock art.
- Overnight at Bedouin camp.
- Early transfer to Petra.
- Visit site, including the museum and pottery collection.
- Overnight in Petra.
- Morning at Taybeh Ladies pottery workshop to paint a pottery piece in Nabataean style.
- Visit Little Petra and see the fresco art.
- Take scenic route to Dead Sea via Wadi Namaleh.
- Stop at Ghor Al Mazra’a on the way for lunch, meet the community and help paint houses.
- Continue to Dead Sea for overnight.
Full day at the Dead Sea.
- Transfer to Madaba after breakfast.
- Visit the Church of St. George to see the Byzantine mosaic map of the Holy Land, followed by the Archaeological Park to see other ancient mosaics.
- Lunch then to Virgin Mary Mosaics or the Madaba Institute of Mosaic Art and Restoration for a mosaic class to make your own piece.
- Overnight in Madaba.
- Breakfast and then visit Um er-Rassas, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for the complete mosaic floor found at the Church of St. Stephen.
- Transfer to Amman for lunch.
- Visit the art galleries of Jabal Weibdeh, Darat Al Funun, Dar Al Anda, National Gallery, etc.
- Overnight in Amman.
- Visit the Amman Citadel and the National Archaeological Museum displays of ancient sculptures, pottery, jewelry and more, as well as the oldest statues discovered.
- [Note: some items will soon be moved to the new Jordan National Museum]