Biblical Tours 5 Days
Jordan has a rich culinary, parts of which date back thousands of years and parts that are influenced by its modern history and the diversity of the people who live here. Explore the sights, sounds and smells of Jordan on this unique tour that focuses on the local cuisine, the fresh ingredients found here, and the age-long processes and traditions that are part of the local culture.
Queen Alia International Airport – Amman Hotel Overnight
- Meet and assist at Queen Alia International Airport by DAKKAK staff. Transfer to your next destination.
- Overnight in Amman Hotel.
Amman Hotel – Baptism Site (Bethany Beyond The Jordan) – Makawir Fort (Machaerus) – Um El Rassas – Kings High Way (Mujib Valley or Arnon Valley) – Moses Springs – Petra Hotel Overnight
- Breakfast in Amman Hotel.
- Baptism Site (Bethany Beyond The Jordan) - The Baptism Site at the Jordanian East side of Jordan River has been authenticated by all major Christian Church leaders as one of the three holiest sites of Christianity, along with Bethlehem and Jerusalem. It is the place where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, and where John lived for about 20 years. He resided in a cave on Elijah’s Hill. The site and the surrounding area has been a place where many Prophets have passed through. The Baptism Site was a Pilgrimage Station on the early Pilgrimage Trail. It is an historical site; persevered just as it was over 2,000 years go.
- Makawir Fort (Machaerus) - the site of Machaerus Fortress is about Twenty kilometers south-west of Madaba on the King's Highway, the major highlight is the Fortress that was built by Alexander Jannaeous in 104 BC and at the year 39 AD (King Herod Antipas era) mentioned in the New Testament as the palace in which Salome danced in exchange for the head of Johan the Baptist on a platter (Mark 6:21-29).
- Um El Rassas - Kastron Mefaa (as in the Roman Era) or Mephaat (as mentioned in Holy Bible old & new testament), located 30 KM at the Kings’ Road south of Madaba, Umm Er-Rasas was inhabited since the Iron Age 700 BC, and became Roman Station Castle and a complex of Byzantine Rich inhabitation. Major highlights: St. Stephan Church Complex, The Monk-Tower Stylite, 16 Churches (i.e. Twins Churches, Lions Church, Bishops Church’s, Square-Tower Church), the churches’ Markets, The underground cistern.
- Kings High Way (Mujib Valley or Arnon Valley) - Pilgrim’s way and a Trade route. It run from Heliopolis Egypt, eastwards to the Sinai desert to Eilat and Aqaba. Northwards through the Araba, Petra, Ma’an to Udruh, Sela(Petra) and Shobak. Passing through Kerak, the land of Moab to Madaba, Amman, Jerash, Bosra in Syria to Damascus and to the upper Euphrates. The Nabataeans used this road as a trade route. During the Roman period, the King’s Highway was rebuilt by Trajan and called it the Via Traiana Nova. It has been also been used as an important pilgrimage route for Christians, as part of it passed Mount Nebo and al-Maghtas (“the Baptism Site”) at the Jordan River, where Jesus is believed to have been baptized by John the Baptist. Muslims used it as the main Hajj route to Mecca until the Ottoman Turks built the Tariq al-Bint (the desert highway) in the 16th century.
- Moses Springs - is one of two possible locations in Jordan for the site where Moses supposedly struck the rock with his staff and water gushed forth to the thirsty Israelites (the other possible site is near Mt Nebo). The spring still flows but is now housed within a simple modern three-domed building occasionally visited by local pilgrims. The site is located near the King's Way Hotel, at the main junction into Wadi Musa from the north.
- Overnight in Petra Hotel.
Petra Hotel – Petra Visit – Wadi Rum Camp Overnight
- Breakfast in Petra Hotel.
- Petra visit - Known as the ‘Pink-Rose City’ or the “Lost City” is one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. a breathtaking guided walking tour today through the ruins of ancient Petra – the city that the Nabateans carved out of solid rock dating back to 300 BC! special moments to walk through a passage the Siq, which dramatically opens up to reveal the Treasury Building (Al-Khazneh). We will see also the Roman Theatre, Corinthian tomb, Palace of Pharos’s Daughter, the Carved Roman Theater and the Royal Courts, along with one of the oldest Cathedral of the Bishop high-chair. For those who can stand the strenuous climb, a path takes you up 1000 steps to the high place: an ancient Nabatean sacrificial site with an Altar cut from the rock.
- Overnight in Wadi Rum.
Wadi Rum Camp – Wadi Rum Visit – Madaba (St. George Church & Mosaic Map) – Mount Nebo – Dead Sea Hotel Overnight
- Breakfast in Wadi Rum Camp.
- Wadi Rum Visit - A moonscape of ancient valleys and towering weathered sandstone mountains rise out of the pink and white coloured sand. It was the place where the famous British Army Officer T.E. Lawrence, and Hollywood Producers are particularly drawn to it for science fiction films set on Mars like the famous Movie Martian (movie –set in Wadi Rum in 2015). You will visit the Seven Pillars of Wisdom, Al Khaz’aly, Lawrence Jail, sun-set area. Activities like Jeeps ride, Camel ride and Sand-ski, along with the camping under Luxury Desert Camps or Capsules (Like in Mars!)
- Madaba (St. George Church & Mosaic Map) - The mosaic-filled city of Madaba is just 30 minutes south of Amman on the Kings Highway. The major highlight is the Greek Orthodox Basilica of St. George or the Church of the Map that portrays the old Holly Land with 2 Million pieces of mosaic, a huge well -preserved work of art comprises a map of the entire region of Jordan and Palestine in the north, to Egypt in the south. Madaba in present time is famous with its Mosaic Schools and hand-woven rugs
- Mount Nebo - Moses Mountain, situated 10 kilometers west of Madaba, overlooking the Jordan Valley, Dead Sea, West Bank and Jerusalem, where believed the alleged sites of the tomb of Moses. The major highlight is the Byzantine Church built by the 4th century to memorial Prophet Moses death, and the spot where Moses view the “Land of Canaan” the Holy Land that he would not enter…
- Mass in Mt. Nebo (You must be escorted by priest to be able to do the mass).
- Overnight in Dead Sea Hotel.
Dead Sea Hotel – Queen Alia International Airport
- Breakfast in Dead Sea Hotel.
- Meet and assist at Queen Alia International Airport by Dakkak staff. Transfer to your next destination.